Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wants Vs. Nothing

I often fail to do what I really want.  Sometimes this is due to fear of failure itself and other times this is due to the concern of what others might think, otherwise known as rejection.  For example, I have wanted to start a blog but I was worried that other people might think that I'm self-absorbed by talking about myself and my life over the internet.  I also would like to gather the guts to perform self-composed songs in front of huge quantities of people but that can be a scary thought.  I want to find the courage to talk openly about  my feelings and my past without choking up.  I want to be brave enough to speak in front of a large audience about something important, like my movement.  I want a million dollars; ok kidding on that one (kind of).  I want to travel the world and inspire people.  I also want to do something that I'm afraid to even put on here...about how I really feel about someone.  Most of those things I have yet to accomplish (singing, revealing my secrets, public-speaking, traveling, and laying my heart on the line), but many I have done (starting a blog, moving, going to my top college, getting my bachelor's, living on my own).  But perhaps, the most important thing that I've done and that I really have wanted to is to create "Project Change the World," a movement aimed to bring people together in support of all acts of kindness to make the world better.  I can honestly say that I haven't been this happy in a long time.  Could it be because I've done what I really wanted or because I am doing something that is making a difference?  I think the answer is both.  I am doing what I want to do and making the world a better place at the same time.  What could be better then that?  The moral of the story here is do what you want with your life and don't let anything stop you, especially if you're not only benefitting from it, but others are positively too.      

No comments:

Post a Comment