Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

MAYhem

http://www.flickr.com/photos/forestwander-nature-pictures/
The month of May may have just been the best month of 2011 yet.  Why?  Few reasons:

A. I successfully finished Student Teaching somehow    
B. I graduated college (WooHoo!)
C. I met with a wonderful family that I babysitted for (and will continue to) for the first time
               *Added bonus: It's good money
D. It will be the grand finale, a.k.a. last full month, of my time at the elementary school with my favorite 2nd graders in the world (both sad and worth celebrating) And yes, I still go there on my own...not a requirement
E.  PCW (Project Change the World) has gone into overdrive with my full blown initiation ceremony
        *But no worries, the good shall continue as it must ;)
F. I've met some really incredible volunteers and people wanting to make a positive impact on our world
G. It's the start of my summer
H. I got a new computer!


I also have welcomed the guitar playing back into my life, have had my happiness boosted from the feel good-ness of doing good, I've reconnected with old friends, I've started a blog, I've organized my chaotic desk finally, I started reading an amazing book called, "The Happiness Project," I've done my first major volunteer services, and I've faced my fears of immediately engaging strangers.
The moral of the story...err...post, is that I have a lot to be grateful for.  To some this month might seem full of MAYhem as everything is exploding at once, but to me, it's just the way I like it: exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment